After Your Surgery
We suggest that you eat lightly for the first 24 hours after your procedure. Be sure to follow any specific post-operative instructions your doctor gives you regarding diet, rest, activities, and medications. The Center will provide you with a written summary of these instructions. A member of our staff will call you at home the day after your procedure to see how you are doing. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS SUCH AS EXCESSIVE BLEEDING OR UNCONTROLLED PAIN, CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR OR GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM.
Dizziness, sleepiness and nausea are common side effects after receiving anesthetics; therefore, you should wait 24 hours after returning home before:
- Driving or operating equipment
- Signing legal documents or important papers
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
- Taking any medication not prescribed or acknowledged by your doctor
If you have any questions or concerns, please call your doctor.